Pages

About Me

My photo
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
Interior Designer by trade, project manager by day, crafty lady by night! My college education was spent in art school where I learned to love creativity and free expression. I live with my long time boyfriend and all of our animal kidlets who fill my days with smiles and inspire me to always try for greater.

Guestbook

Friday, April 23, 2010

Talk Like Shakespeare Day

April 23 is Talk Like Shakespeare Day! Today would have been William Shakespeare's 446th Birthday. The fun of today is that everyone is encouraged to speak like him! What a fun way to step outside your box or comfort zone and try something different. Here are some tips:

1.Instead of you, say thou or thee(and instead of y’all,say ye).

2.Rhymed couplets are all the rage.

3.Men are Sirrah, ladies are Mistress, and your friends are all called Cousin.

4.Instead of cursing, try calling your tormenters jackanapes or canker-blossoms or poisonous bunch-back’d toads.
 
Are those not hilarious names for your enemies or those who are critical of you? Try this out and perhaps thou shall get inspiration from a different point of view cousins!!
 
TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE Spiral Pendant-- by  lpjewelry  @  etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. What fun, maybe I will use this one poisonous bunch-back’d toads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks
    -- Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

    ReplyDelete