Pages

About Me

My photo
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
Interior Designer by trade, project manager by day, crafty lady by night! My college education was spent in art school where I learned to love creativity and free expression. I live with my long time boyfriend and all of our animal kidlets who fill my days with smiles and inspire me to always try for greater.

Guestbook

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Back in the land of the living

Good morning Bloggers and welcome to Hump Day. It has been some time since I posted, about a week I believe. What a week it has been. My boyfriend came down with a nasty case of the shingles and then I came down with a horrible head cold and cough. I have been sick since last Thursday and am still fighting to get well. Today I actually feel as though my heads is once again connected to my body, but I am going to head to the doctor this afternoon if I can to make sure there is not something else going on. I have not been this sick for this long in some time.

I certainly hope that the rest of you are having a better week. I can say with a large amount of certainty that I have been re-evaluating several things in my life. I have taken some time off from my crafting mainly because I couldn't hold my head up long enough to create anything and I didn't want to sneeze all over my newly painted projects and make them germ infestations. I hope to get back into my studio tonight after a new haircut and color to jazz me up and refresh me. I can't wait to sit there and have someone wash my hair. I fall asleep every time! Anyway- I will be heading home to an empty house while J goes out for a night with the boys. My studio will be waiting, and no I still have not finished painting it. Started the priming and that is as far as I got.

On another bright note, I started Weight Watchers a week ago and went for my first weigh in this week. I lost 6.4 pounds in my first week! Talk about being pumped up! I am really enjoying writing down all of the things I eat since I am an organizational fiend and this gives me something to fuss over. It helps me to get organized in my new way of eating and living (no it is not a diet!). I am looking forward to the progress that I will make and I can't wait to see what I look like when I meet my goal. I turn 30 this year in November and I am determined to be a hot momma when I reach that milestone!

I will be back to 100% soon I hope and life will get back on track. I hope to get back to posting daily like I was and to keep you all posted on my crazy life.
Hope all is well!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've not had a great week. But fab to have lost 6lbs in a week! I'm 30 this year too, and getting married in August (30 at end of year) and want to lose some weight for it. BUT, I cannot get myself motivated! Normally I'm pretty good at geeing myself up and getting some exercise done and what not, but this time am feeling particularly lazy! Ah well, hopefully your loss will inspire me! Go girl - do it for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete